Introducing CEIS Tor Vergata
The Center for Economic and International studies (CEIS) was established by the University of Rome Tor Vergata in 1987 and is an internationally recognized economic research center within the University of Rome Tor Vergata.
Our mission is:
- to conduct high quality policy-relevant research on economic issues that call for innovative and impact-oriented responses from the academic community;
- promote advanced training in key areas of economics thus empowering graduate students to forge ahead and succeed in the field of economics and other professionals to expand their potentials for career opportunities.
CEIS is committed to produce and disseminate outstanding research and analyses for the promotion of sustainable economic development, and to expand and improve public policy options in Italy and around the world.
Its research agenda covers different areas and fields of economics, with special interests on global macroeconomic topics, economic development and growth theory, international money and finance, energy and environment, organization and management, corporate finance and financial intermediation, econometric and empirical analyses, welfare and taxation, labor, health and public policy among others. This research activity is published (and publicly available) through the CEIS research Paper series or through the publication of special reports and journals.
According to REPEC, our Center belongs to the top 5% of the world ranking of Economic Research Centers and Universities and is one of the first within the Italian research centers.
CEIS is fully funded outside the University of Rome Tor Vergata and receives its financial support through donations, project grants and fellowships from several public and private national and international organizations outside the University of Rome Tor Vergata.
CEIS’ main activities are the following:
- policy oriented economic research;
- academic and professional training;
- consulting services and technical assistance to private and public institutions publishing activities;
- conferences and seminars.
The Centre’s activities are carried out by its own researchers and affiliated scholars. CEIS is engaged in creating and supporting international research and higher learning networking in the major fields of economics.
CEIS hosts numerous seminars and conferences bringing together leading economists and experts in academia and government as well as actively participating in a number of high profile events and conferences in Italy and abroad. CEIS is also involved in international development programs in the framework of bilateral and multilateral cooperation activities.