Members of the Board
Affiliation: DEDI - Department of Economics and Institutions - University of Rome Tor Vergat
Address: via Columbia n. 2, 00133 Roma
Telephone: +39 06 7259 5723 - Fax: +39 06 2020500
Web page: www.economia.uniroma2.it/marini
Research Interests: Economic Theory and Stabilization Policy; Monetary Economics; Environmental Economics; Fiscal Policy, Public Debt and Intergenerational Equity; International Economics; Theory of Growth and Innovation; The Economics of European Integration.
Ph.D. in Economics, London School of Economics and Political Sciences, 1985.
Laurea in Economics and Statistics, University of Rome “La Sapienza”, 1977.
Professor of Economics, University of Tor Vergata. Teaching: The Economics of European Integration, International Monetary Economics, Macroeconomics. 1993-.
Professor of Economics, University of Siena (1990-93);
Associate Professor of Economics, University of Bari (1988-90);
Lecturer in Economics, London School of Economics (1984-88);
Leverhulme Fellow, University of Bristol (1983-84).
Honors and Fellowships
Istanbul Stock Exchange Best Finance Paper Award, 2002
Sayer’s prize of the Royal Economic Society, 1985.
Research grants have been awarded by, among others, the Enrico Mattei Eni Foundation, MURST and CNR.
Professional Affiliations and Services
Head of department, Department of Economics, (University of Tor Vergata), November 2007
Director, Graduate Programme in International Economics, (University of Tor Vergata), 2003-.
Director, Ph.D. in International Economics (University of Tor Vergata), 2002-.
Coordinator, scientific collaboration and Ph.D. student exchange program with the Aix-Marseille Université, 2012-
Coordinator, scientific collaboration and Ph.D. student exchange program with the Center of Financial Management and Studies, SOAS, University of London, 2001-.
Coordinator, scientific collaboration and Ph.D. student exchange program with the L’ Instituto Superior de Economia E Gestão (Iseg) Universidade Técnica De Lisboa, 2005-.
Editor, CEIS Working Paper (University of Tor Vergata), 2002-.
Consultancies: Treasury, local authorities, national television broadcasts.
The 5 most recent Publications
- Budget Deficits and Exchange-Rate Crises. (con Annicchiarico, B. e Piersanti, G), 2011. International Economic Journal, vol. 25, p. 285-303.
- Wealth Effects, the Taylor Rule and the Liquidity Trap, (con Annicchiarico, B. e Piergallini, A) International Journal of Economic Theory, p. 315-331.
- The Inflationary Consequences of a Currency Changeover: Evidence from the Michelin Red Guide (with F. Adriani and P. Scaramozzino), Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, 2009, vol. 71; p. 111-133.
- Monetary Policy and Fiscal Rules, (with B. Annicchiarico and A. Piergallini), The B.E. Journal of Macroeconomics, Contributions, 8(1), Article 4, 2008.
- Social Time Preference: A Rejoinder (with P. Scaramozzino), Journal of Population Economics, 2008.
Events & Presentations
Research Programs & Projects