SOME USEFUL ADVICES:
1) You can take a yellow or white cab ("taxi") from the airport to the hotels in general. The price, luggage included, is approximately Italian EURO 50.°°///70.°° http://www.x-rates.com .
Please be careful! At the airport, after customs, do not hire the people waiting outside as they offer unlicensed transport to Rome . Please go straight to the exit where you will find licensed cabs waiting on line.
2) Alternatively, you can take the shuttle train from the airport to the railway station, Stazione Termini.
Here, again, do not pay attention to people offering transportation or hotels but go to the central or lateral exit to the station. There you will find licensed cabs waiting in line.
3) Please pay attention upon your arrival in Rome - do not take unlicensed taxicabs.
4) Please note that many people who work at the airport or railway station - including taxi drivers - receive commission fees from many hotels. They will try in every way to make you cancel your reservation and stay at one of their hotels, which normally are very expensive and have very low standards.
5) Be careful of pickpockets waiting for you at the railway station or in the buses. They can also be small children 5/6 years of age who, whilst playing with you, can take your money without you realizing it. For this reason we suggest you arrive by cab, even if it is more expensive. The pickpockets are not "dangerous”, they are only pickpockets.
6) Shuttle train from the airport to Stazione Termini: first train 07.37 - last train at 22.07. The journey lasts twenty minutes. Rate: EURO 9.50 per person approx.
7) Try to arrive with some EURO money because banks at the airport are not always open especially during bank holidays. If they are open - you might have to stand in line for a while .